Sunday, December 21, 2008

Who to marry


The shortest night of the year and I reflect. Just came home, we were all having breakfast, I was thinking…wow this is just wonderful, all family together, I felt so happy…then my dad went upstairs, my brother too and my mum noticed a pile of garbage on the other table and got furious about it. She didn’t clean up for the whole day to then find garbage on the table, my father was upset, because he prepared breakfast and my mum was just angry cause he didn’t ask her down to have it….my mum gets furious, cries, shouts, my dad comes to my room, we talk, he said he just came back from a trip and forgot that home was this, then mum got in, started saying the same things again, he didn’t reply, just went to work. This is not a good marriage. Fullstop. There is no understanding, no putting each other in the other’s shoes, no connection, no togetherness. Why did they marry? My mum’s dad always told her how important similar interests are. He and his wife were not a good match either. They met at a bus stop. She was 19, he was 29. All her classmates were jerks, he was smart and wrote poems. She was young and it seemed that he could mold her as he wanted. They married after 2 months. Mum and dad were in the same group at university, my mum thought these were similar interests.

So? Who to marry?
We are all different, each person may be looking for something else but then many of us are looking for the same thing and that is love. But is love enough? I guess love is not enough, or rather shallow love is not enough, there must be a deeper connection, a deeper understanding, a will to grow together and to do things together, there must also be wonderful sex. Cosmic sex is a gateway to other worlds, and finding a soul with which you can actually cross that gateway is something extraordinary. Most of the sex around us is really shallow, just a physical experience, where people, at least the woman doesn’t even truly enjoy it. We need a person with a similar level of intelligence, liking to do similar things.
So it’s a connection of a divine type that I believe in, and a marriage is a work-in-progress together. Each of us grows but the importance of a relationship is to be growing together and loving it.

There are a lot of books, courses and articles about how to find and keep a partner. Read them. But the answer is in us, we just need to look deep inside our souls to understand what we really want and who will give this to us.

This is not a structured article, it was not supposed to be. These are just thoughts pouring through me right now. So boiling it down to two points I guess you must feel, or at least I must feel
1. A divine connection (cosmic sex)
2. Togetherness (growing together and going together in the same direction)
I feel it now.