Saturday, December 27, 2008

Nowism


"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present."
BABATUNDE OLATUNJI

We have to focus on the Now. There is only Now. The past has passed and the future is not here yet. We can choose to worry about passed events and we can choose to worry about the future, about things that might not even occur, but can we ever be happy if we do so? True happiness is within us and it is a choice to focus on the now and to think of all the beautiful things that are happening to us. This way we also create a wonderful future, since thoughts are things, and positive thoughts are positive things. And what about the past? All I know about the past is that it brought me to where I am now.

I believe in the Now. I believe that true happiness is a choice and that we are the only ones to decide. I decide to be happy.