Monday, October 27, 2008

Self-knowledge

Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.
Tao Te Ching

‘Self-knowledge’ is commonly used in philosophy to refer to knowledge of one's particular mental states, including one's beliefs, desires, and sensations.

Self-knowledge is fundamental to attracting what you want. To be in control and create your reality you must know. You must know how you feel in a given moment and why. You must know what you want and why. This knowledge is entirely within us and fundamental for building internal power, since power is built from the inside out (and not from the outside in). Self-knowledge is the basis of our spiritual evolution. There are several questions I ask myself to build my knowledge of self:

- Who do I think I am?
- What do I truly love?
- Do I experience what I love?
- What am I attracted to?
- What do I value?
- Why am I here?
- What do I want?
- What do I need?
- What is my vision and what do I intend to write in my vision letter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your views, post a comment!